Friday, June 16, 2006

Heat pump
(There should be a picture here, but it melted away!)
It's geting hot, well maybe not as hot, but still .si hot. Brain don't operate well at high temperatures. My brain operates even worse in hot rooms. I need my brain to operate OK for at least a week to complete my spring exam season. Again I am wondering why I am not a natural science student. Apart from getting all sorts of scolarships from state fundations, and not even mentioning geting a job :), I would also learn about interesting and useful things ( probably) such as heat pumps, which are the most basic element for cooling our inner enviroment and heating our outer enviroment. Yes it is a really simple concept which transfers heat from one place to another. Well it uses energy to do so, but that doesn't really matter, as long our but is not frying and our brain can be optimally used. Why should we really care about the electricty bill and greenhouse efect if we can enjoy the soft, calming whisp of an air conditioner? And by the way, the heath pump concept is really easy to understand compared to other far more complex ideas. Can you really talk about society, global politics, poverty, globalism... if you don't understand processes as simple as moving heat? As Albert Einstein said: I am always amazed by the complexity of the nature. And if we add another: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Then some words spoken start to make a bit more sense... Well, what surely makes more sense, is why this post is soo confusing: MY BRAIN IS COOKING IN MY SKULL, because we still don't own an air conditioner!
PS: I also wanted to write about the economics of global warming, defects in slovenian educational system and poverty as a continous phenomena, but it is too hot!

1 comment:

x said...

I've got only one solution, for hot days, hot tea. Yes it sounds ridiculous but it works amazingly well. Try it!