Wednesday, May 10, 2006

PMS
(I have nothing against women, in fact I think they are the most wonderful thing God ever created, but he probebly added the PMS, so we can really appreciate them when they are out of their hormone cramp. )
The most unusual thing happened to me today. I felt like I am going to get beaten bad, by a friend who is usually really kind and seems like She couldn't twist a hair to anyone. When I said something really neutral to her, the response I got back was a bit frightful, but I said to myself, well she had a bad day or something... Well it got worse. I quickly realised it was one of those days, and I adjusted my tactic : I made a very humble, friendly face, stopped talking and ran when the oppurtunity arised...
I did my homework afterwards and here are the results:
1.PMS is exceedingly common, occurring in 75% of women of reproductive age during their lifetime. It is characterized by symptoms of mood swings, depression, anxiety and irritability that occurs prior to menses, usually in the two week period between ovulation and menses. It is often accompanied by physical symptoms bloating and cramping. - and in real life that means, be nice to someone who has cramps, mood swings and can be a bit depressed.
2.Explaination for this phenomena: I.The feminist perspective proposes that PMS is the result of patriarchal forces. - :) , gotta love the feminists, lets put them on an island and watch them kill each other during PMS, no men around of course. II.The social constructionist perspective proposes that social forces (but not necessarily the patriarchy) result in PMS. - softcore feminists? III.The psychosomatic perspective proposes that there is a cognitive interpretation of bodily signals that, perhaps due to social or biological forces, results in PMS. - do they really know a shit about what they are studying and talking about? IV.The biomedical perspective proposes that PMS is the psychological result of biological changes associated with the menstrual cycle - well, they are on to something.
To all men:
Be friendly, nice and caring... otherwise you are going to get it. And maybe the nurse at the ER is also going to have PMS, so you might as well end up dead. Respect someone going through all the specter of emotions, feelings and pain. There is probably a loving person underneath all this.
And if a women you approach turns you down really baddly, here is your reason.
To women: Good luck, and although you sometimes feel depressed and feel like no one likes or loves you, we do. Oh, and please make sure that PMS is not an excuse for bahaving like a bitch throughout the whole month! Don't turn into the picture above, just because of some hormone unbalance once a month!
To showinistic pigs: 1.Do you know why god created sporadic vaginal infections? So that even women can see how it feels to live with a ichy,crampy vigina. ( te?na pi?ka :) ).
2. Do you know why women can't be percived as an equal labour force? Because they are unconscious three days a month.

2 comments:

x said...

Jure, while I appreciate the fact that you actually tried your best to understand us, due to the second half of your post, it might be better if you run very fast and very far the next time you see me

:)))

Anonymous said...

On the PMS issue
Mood swings by definition go booth ways, why the hell are the positive ones so REARE?

LP M