Monday, May 22, 2006

"Priceless" moments

Has something really interesting and funny happened to you recently? Well I had two memorable moments and although they were a bit embarassing I had a really good laugh...

After a very short lecture I went to the college caffeteria terase where some of my friends were already enjoying the sun. Of course chose a perfect tanning position and started with a normal relaxing chat. I started explaining about how I must go to the library to pick a few books so we will more easily whine to the profesor what we wouldn't like to write for the exam. During my "speech" I heard someone behind my back say hello, but that didn't prevent a speaker as fluid as me from finishing my sentence. Friend next to me started making "interesting" face gestures. And when I turned my head my suspicons were correct. The profesor I was so proudly talking about was standing behind my back, laughing. Amazing how such an unimportand event can change your mood. Well we will see in what kind of mood I am going to be after the exam. :)

The second priceless moment happend during my first week of rocklimbing traning. I have recently started climbing more frequently on the roman wall where many experienced climbers train. They really make it look easy, so you just want to do what they just did. Not to mention they have trained for a couple of years, have superb balance, strenght and technique. But lacking all these things didn't stop me from trying to climb a bit harder part. My hands were already a bit pumped so my grip was far from perfect and as I reached for the next grip the one I was holding became too smal for me to hold. That resulted in me landing on my feet on a lower edge of the wall, where I lacked the balance to stay upright so I continoued my fall toward the ground. I landed quite safely on my bottoms, but still had the momentum to roll and hit a bike parked about two meters from the wall. Oh, the fall was quite noisy so around 20 climbers preset had quite some fun watching me do my acrobatics :) .At first I was a bit angry at myself but then realised there is nothing better to do than to have a good chuckle about it. "Greatness never comes from not falling, but from the ability to get up afer you fall." - confucius. And I literaly did that, and felt Great. :)

"Priceless" moments make Iter ( = the way) so much more interesting... enjoy them!

No comments: