Tuesday, May 02, 2006

To all the housewifes: RESPECT!

Guess what is on this picture?

Is it sheep brain, not fully digested? Is it a fancy new toy for kids to play with? Is it from this planet?

No! This is what happens if you let a hugry man cook for himself. This is my todays lunch.

I had a really good plan today. Firstly I am going to go for a short bike ride over Golovec, then I am going to take a shower, and then call my friend to go to a pizza with me. I'm not quite sure what happend but I had an interesting thought, what if I tried if I can still cook. Ok, no problem, any idoiot can follow a simple cooking book. But then I had another brilliant idea... what if I use no cook book at all and try to make up a new dish. On this point I must remind you, that I was as hungry as wolf when I returned home, so I really don't understand what has gotten into me. So I said to myself, firstly I am going to cook some white rice, just like in a chinese restaurant. Well at least I didn't decide to experiment here, so I followed the instructions on the box, and the rice was soon boilling in the mildly salty water. Then for the main dish... I said to myself, hm some onion fried on oil could make a great basis, so I've put some oil in a pot and onto the stowe and started chpoing... well I am a bit out of practice but at least I didn't cut myself! With a qucik Jamie Oliver style move I applied the chopped onion onto the oil. The two didn't really get along well or maybe one of them was owerheated& overpassionate about the other, because the reaction when they first met was loud and pieces started flying all over the place. But I said to myself, no problem I just lower the flame and they'll get together just fine. And with the same skill and concentration my atention was turned to the tomatoe, which usually makes a great sauce ingredient. Well by the time I was finished with my autopsy, there was a strange smell floating around the place... And yes, oil and onion, really couldn't get allong so they obviously both decided it was better if they commit suicide at the same time. The corpses finished in the toillete and I sincerely hope, that no fish will die because of what I have done.

To save my ever louder stomache from the emptiness, I was forced to use the final resort: Tuna can mixed with eggs. Oh, and I still had some tomato left, so I added that too. Meanwhile, the rice was cooking....and cooking. In the end it cooked about 10 minutes longer than it says in the instructions, but hey it still looked at least a bit eatable and by this time I was starving. After applying both "dishes" on the plate ( well some of the "omlette" didn't exactly end its journey there but it continoued it to the floor). For decoration I added some cheese and three pickles and "voila" hungry man's omlette is complete.

The meal was delicious. Or perhaps that was just my hunger?

I am seriously considering getting married...

2 comments:

Špela said...

I am sure that one day you will make a wonderful cook, but in case you consider cooking for your wife-to-be before that happens, maybe you should tie a blindfold around her head. It will increase your chance of her saying "yes, I want to share my kitchen with you till we both grow old and ugly" :)

Anonymous said...

To all the single women out there.
If you do not pick him for his obvious intelegence, ambitions, looks and charm do it out of pitty before he manages to poison himself.
In the name of all that is good and noble sacrafice yourself and at least teach this poor soule how to cook.