Wednesday, October 17, 2007

i(better)book publisher

  • If I were a book publisher I would be afraid for my business. Internet˛digitizing, increasing competition and the fact that people are probably going to get less and less attached to physical paper when it comes to receiving information are very worrying.
  • However all is not jet dark...so in order to prolong my position on the market it is certainly a good idea to use the "if I can't beat them..." principle.
  • I would therefore use the cheap and quick feedback possibility of the WWW, to ensure that authors (of for example text books or manuals) would get data about their works. Maybe I would even hire some people to make specialized reports for them. (The point is bringing structure and informativeness to user opinions, maybe even add ratings...)
  • Since I don't have time for research...I will presume that a similar or even better system already exists...
  • However, that doesn't stop me from "selling" this concept to local book publishers...hopefully our kids and students will have less superficial books to study from.

No comments: