Saturday, October 27, 2007

Least resistance marketing

When on-line, we do more and more things automatically, subconsciously. For example when entering a web address, we like to enter it with the least possible effort. Everything that requires conscious thought is annoying.

  • That is why I started preferring 24ur.com to www.rtvslo.si, although I preferred the way news were written on the former.
  • So when choosing a domain name, make sure to make is easily accessible to the average user as possible.
  1. Invest some effort in getting rid of www.
  2. Make sure that typing the first two or three letters of the word (we usually don't type more because of automatic suggestions) into the address bar is logical and common.
  • I wonder if a computer program that would evaluate "sub conscience friendliness" automatically already exists...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this post is fastidious, my younger sister is analyzing these kinds of things, thus I am going to convey her.
Also visit my web-site ... weight loss forum