Monday, December 25, 2006

Dear diary!

Yesterday, dec 24. was another lovely day. When you open your eyes and the first things you see is sea and sunny sky, you know it is going to be a good day. After breakfast I sat in my artificial solarium ( using the balcony glass door as reflective surfaces ) for a good hour, reading about international economic law. A very interesting well written book. After a good dose of sun, me , Fotr and Peter, finally started departing for Črni kal and its spectacular climbing walls. We departed an hour latter but reached the walls at quarter past twelve, which isn't so bad. The weather was phenomenally warm and sunny so I spent most of the time, wearing only my climbing T-shirt. ( with Everest logo ;) ). We managed to climb four interestingly named routes ( Johnny Bravo, Scooby Doo two of them, others are in my climbing diary...) and it was really interesting to see how tough little cousin Peter is when it comes to solving climbing puzzles and pulling himself over overhangs. Knowing it was his first time on real climbing walls I was impressed. Still am. Dear diary here is a picture for you:

We had a quick lunch in Črni kal and then we were of for Ljubljana. The disgusting fog caught us in Postojna and didn't had no intention of leaving. We didn't really care because we were too excited about Christmas eve. When we came home, mom was already filling the kitchen with steam and delicious flavours. I helped prepare the table, fetched the mail, which was really thick with Christmas card. Obviously e- mails are not as popular as I thought. And then I went to my annual mass. Yes annual. Why? I don't know? Why not the real deal at midnight? Because I really disagreed with what the priest preached last year and hoped he wouldn't be so political at the small-children mass. And yes, he wasn't political, he was scary. In the light of the recent judgement against a priest accused of pedophilia, he was just a bit too convincing in explaining how cute and lovely little children are when you are close to them. His pitching voice and a "guci - gucci - gu guce" gesture didn't help me either. But who am I to have such sinning worries? Dear diary, I do pray, dear Lord will make things right. Anyway, next year I am probably returning to politics. Otherwise the mass was a great piece of Christmas tradition. So I probably do qualify as a pseudo christian? Traditionally we had a "Christmas programme", and Peter and mom, did a great job this year, because again we had a lot of warm laughs fill the flat throughout the night. Not to mention the excellent food. And the gifts. Dear diary, I am still fascinated how low economic and high in emotional value they still are. And this is the point of Christmas, right?
  • Sometimes, I miss my diary. After reading my 10 year old records, I wonder how my diaries will look in 10, 20 or 50 years.

1 comment:

Špela said...

Lovely! :)
The part about the priest is really amusing. I wonder if there's a place in Slovenia where the midnight mass is only about Mary, Josef and little Jesus. If they don't stop preaching about politics one will forget what really happened on Christmas eve 200X years ago, although he/she supposeddly (I hope that's a real word) listened to the story each year for at least 30 minutes.