Sunday, December 03, 2006

Farewell Misko!

  1. I don't speak about my relationships. Even more seldom write about them online. But today, I am going to make an exception.
  2. We met roughly eight years ago and from the start I was impressed by Misko's stable, simple and sea-deep blue attitude. You could say it was love at first sight. We gave each other wings and explored Ljubljana from a totally new, exciting perspective. With time, our relationship deepened, as we grew more and more accustomed to each other, letting us have even more freedom from the crazy world around us. Misko made me feel I could fly, because in his grasp I could lose all the worries, spread my hands and and enjoy the swirling wind around my fingers. (Titanic scene...)
  3. For eight years we fought cold and windy days, got through scorching heat, over taken crazy paced world, waded through deep snow and avoided all the old witches that tried to jump into our path.
  4. But like in all serious relationships, we had "the seven year crisis". Misko knew that the time is starting to erode his splendour and started acting grumpy and single minded. I have to admit, I got a bit bored with our relationship and started looking for new opportunities.
  5. We talked things over and decided, it would be best if Misko had a complete make over. And after a serious operation, a completely renewed Misko stood in front of me. The operation was a huge success and Misko got almost too good for me in my eyes. Every time we were together, I felt as if I am not good enough for him, because he demanded a lot from me. For six months I tried really hard to keep up and got amazing feelings in return, but noticed how cocky he has become.
  6. But as winter drew closer, our relationship got more and more unstable. We had a few minor quarrels, but I still thought we would get around them. Sadly, our fights escalated and once he threw me on the pavement in the middle of a crossing. I stopped talking to him, he was no fun anymore.
  7. Misko obviously felt the same, because on a sunny Autumn Wednesday he left me, without saying a word.
  8. World as I know it collapsed. It got so much harder for me to get anywhere. I felt so robbed, like something vital was taken from me.
  9. After many lonely walks I got over it, and now I am in a fresh new relationship! Ljubljana feels magically accessible again. It will take some time for me to learn to fly again, but knowing that I am with somebody who will always support you, makes you feel excited to learn.
  10. As for Misko, I got over him. But I must admit we had glorious eight years together, we had more than 550 hours of joy and saved an equal amount of lonely, walking-misery time to my feet.
  11. Misko, I will never forget you! If you can do me a last favour, for the good old times, please crash the motherfucker that you ran away with, as hard as you can!

How would you feel, if they stole your bike? :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In seven years I had four bikes stolen and inured innumerable slit tires filling me with utter distrust and distrust towards the human race as a whole. Well, almost.

The most bizarre theft among them concerns a bike destined to be salvaged for parts (and not many at that) and about as far from driving condition as the Kuiper belt. Mind you, it did look sort of cool in bright orange with too many too thick support tubes.