Thursday, December 07, 2006

My definition of: most fun with your clothes on.

Les2alpes, perfect slope, excellent snow conditions... if it doesn't work click here.

I am only going to post Google video links for other parts of definition...

( Google has uploading & linking problems and I don't have a whole day).

  1. I also like mountains, especially if they can be climbed, and even more if they can be descended like that: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6229079883964199446&hl=en . - My camera is still in one piece.
  2. Back to skiing. This year I discovered, that snow parks are a lot of adrenaline fun. Flying through the air with your skis is a really special feeling: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3854420434060252839&hl=en.
  3. But simply isn't on the same level as real flying. In its purest form - a tandem parachute glider from Krvavec. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4948817448493705296&hl=en Luka, thanks again!( if you want to try it with a safety freak instructor, contact me and I will give you his contact details). When I grow up, I will hopefully have enough time to take up this amazing sport.
  4. Back to skiing, again. Because of its low weight and extremely narrow, carved turning I got really fond of 1m long skis ( r= 6,5 m) . Because they are really easy to carry around, I also love to take them to mountain peaks and descend from them - "turna smuka". This is a very unusual, a bit icy descend from Storzic : http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1489284471098600508&hl=en
  5. And another unforgettable ride from Jalovec shoulder: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3862069028894694062&hl=en.

There are many other videos stored in my head, but even Google,

can't seem to find a downloadable link :) . Anyway,

I am looking forward to extending the definition.

PS: Many thanks to Marko, Tone, My Hand, Peter and Luka for helping me catch all these moments on camera.

3 comments:

Špela said...

Really cool videos :)

I believe on my top3 list there would certainly be the first one, your short distance "flying" experience - Wow! (although I disagree with your cow-comparison. You know, they never wear blue :) and the real flying experience. I love the sight of your/the other guy's feet at the end. Even if it was unintentional, it appears pretty amusing :)

x said...

Now that's a voluntary risk that the government should ban. Why, oh why would you want to do those things and than call it fun???????

* said...

Thanks Špela.

As for Shpela THE BANNER, here are my reasons:

I believe that every individual should have as much freedom to choose as possible. This freedom can only be limited by the rights of others.(please re-read: http://harmprinciple.blogspot.com/2006/05/free-to-choose.html) No one, except for me, can tell me what satisfies my desires. So, if the insurance system redistributes the risks in such a way that it is proportional to their life style and possible injuries... we have a society where everyone has the maximum freedoms, without harming anyone else. Win win situation, with happy individuals that aren't bored.

Furthermore, banning "those things" would be ineffective because you can always go abroad and do those things or do it illegaly which makes them even less safe and to some, more attractive(freedom fighters...). More importantly, you create a slippery slope situation, because if these things are dangerous, what stops the goverment from banning all sexual positions except for the missionary? They can get really dangerous, can't they?
And although, the missionary can be pleasureful and rewarding, it can soon get borring and monotonous, so you probably agree, that if you want to have real fun you must try other rewarding and fun ways as well. No one should be allowed to prevent people from doing that!