Friday, December 29, 2006

Just trust the government ... NOT!

Legal state has outgrown itself in Slovenia! It is inefficiently dead or dead because of its inefficiency.
  • Is a claim I can very easily prove on an example that happened to me very early this morning. After coming home a bit late and finally going to bed at 2 am, I was abruptly awaken at 4:05 am, by the sound of a car horn spreading its "pleasant" sound into the otherwise calm, freezing air outside. The problem was that it just didn't stop. At all. So I got out of my warm bed and investigated what happened. It turned out, that somebody left a f.....g hyundai sonata parked next to a building under my window. Illegally of course, because the car was almost in the middle in the road. For still unknown reasons, the f.....g electronics of this f.....g Korean car, came to a very short wired conclusion, it would be ok, to leave the horn screaming into the night continuously. Just as I was about to grab the phone to call the blue reinforcements, I had a stroke of luck. My father was already dialing The number. I knew it may take a while for the "huge" problem to get solved, so I inserted my earplugs and was soon back in the land of endless clouds. I woke up at around ten and to my surprise, the first thing I heard when I removed the earplugs was the all to familiar f.....g sound. I checked with my dad and he explained that cops arrived and discovered that they can't do anything about it. My first reaction was laugh, which soon stopped because of the f.....g beeping sound was still piercing my nerves. I couldn't believe how the poor creature in blue couldn't find a reasonable legal basis for removing the f.....g Korean piece of junk. The most simple one for his poorly connected brain cells would probably be that half of the car was on the middle of the road. Yes mister police officer sir, even the city constables have removed cars from exactly the same spot. Another really obvious overlooked logical conclusion was that a honking car at 4 am is a disturbance of public order. I have seen many parties, taking place at 4am, but none of them was louder and more distracting to neighbours than a constant 120dB beeeeeeeeeeeep. Or did the poor guy think that he needs someone he can put handcuffs on in order to do something? It is probably quite possible that, that was the only thing he remembered from his 180 hours training. Or maybe he was just sleepy and tired... well, we really should remember how vigilant and important job the police is doing when they will go on strike in the following months, demanding better payments for their invaluable contribution to the society. Oh, and dad said that he did have a go at solving the problem. He whacked the f.....g piece of car a few times in hope of it stopping. Again, Mr policeman sir, you can't treat people and objects the same. People stop jelling, because it hurts them. Cars can't feel shit.
  • I got a bit interested in this drama so I proposed to try with city constables, responsible for removing wrongly parked cars. Well, not surprisingly they said they can't do anything because they got the call at 4am, and said that, no matter how intelligent, they have to follow the police way of "thinking". It doesn't matter if the car is parked wrongly or if they removed a car from the same location a week ago.
  • Because the tragicomedy got a bit boring we also tried the great administration of Slovenia, more precisely the environmental inspectors. And they were excellent. At giving you numbers of other organs which should be able to solve the problem of excessive noise pollution. So after three calls you were always back to the number you called first. Great job lads, I am glad we spend more then 400 billion tolars a year for your salaries!
  • After finding out that in Slovenia you have to follow the directions of the mighty, all powerful police, which is the most lost organ around, I had a last go at chatting reason with them. After the guy on the other side finally got where the loud f.....g car is located, I have tried to explaine to him why they can have the car removed. He seemed quite reasonable and said he will pass the problem forward.
  • I had enough of the screaming beeeeeeeeee, so I packed my stuff and went to NUK which has the most quiet library around. It was also quite empty, so I had tranquil four hours of really pleasant silence. When I returned home, the f.....g piece of junk was gone. I don't really care how or why!
  • Next time something like this happens, I will call a few neighbours and friends and we will dump the f.....g Korean piece of electronic wonder into Ljubljanica. Lets see if it beeeeeeeps there. And no, I don't care if that is a criminal offense, a number of minor offenses and a violation of public order. Why? Because I now know the capabilities of the people who should prove that we did something bad, by doing that. For crying out loud, they couldn't even solve a f.....g beeeeeeeeeping car "problem"!

No comments: